Thank-you to fellow author and blogger, Pearl R. Meaker, for nominating Baby Boomer Bliss for The Mystery Blogger Award. Be sure and check out her great blog, appropriately titled, Pearl’s Pearls.
As anyone who has tried blogging knows – it is not an easy road to travel. Writing a blog is a wonderful creative outlet and a rewarding opportunity to inspire others in a meaningful way. But finding an audience and building up your readership can be frustrating.
Although Pearl is a mystery writer and author of the Emory Crawford Mysteries, and despite the name of the Mystery Blogger Award, this award is not meant only for writers of that genre. Blogger Okoto Enigma, created the award “because there are a lot of amazing blogs out there that haven’t been discovered, yet…and most of these blogs deserve recognition.”
I agree with that. According to the rules, nominees are asked to reveal three things about themselves. So, here are three things you may not know about me:
- I hate hot dogs and Coke.
- I could have died while going white-water rafting in a five-plus river in New Zealand when our family’s boat flipped tossing us into the frigid raging water. In Mexico, I almost swung into a building while para-sailing. Taking a boat ride under the waterfalls in Brazil, I discovered too late that there were piranha in the water. Therefore, being the klutz that I am, I have wisely given up all thrill sports. I hate to think what might happen to me if I went sky diving!
- I love to dance (much safer) and can do a mean ballroom swing with my hubby.
Nominees are also asked to do a short interview for the person who nominated them. So without further ado, here are my answers to Pearl’s five excellent questions:
Does your blog have a theme? If yes, why did you choose that theme?
Yes, the theme is helping baby boomers find happiness. I chose that theme after discovering that studies show younger boomers are the unhappiest age group. I wanted to know how we could change those statistics around and maintain inner peace and happiness through what can be a challenging time in life.
Where is your favorite place to go for a vacation – or where you would like to go if you could go there?
I’ve been fortunate to travel to all the continents with the exception of Africa and Antarctica. Some of my favorite places are the Iguassu Falls on the border of Paraguay and Brazil, London, Florence, and Paris in Europe, Sydney in Australia, the Great Wall in China, and I loved recent trips to the Florida Keys and Chicago here in the states. I dream of going to Africa.
Has your favorite subject in school stayed a part of your life?
Oh yes. Writing was my favorite subject in school, so it’s no surprise I eventually chose it as my career.
When was the last time you played a board game or a card game using real cards?
Last week. I have three grandchildren ages 10, 8, and 6. They still like some of the games we boomers played as kids including Twister. And yes, I played it with them – and lost!
Do you read to relax? If you do, do you have a genre that is your go-to relaxation genre?
Yes indeed! If I want to truly escape, a good thriller that keeps my attention is just the ticket.
As is the tradition for this award, I nominate the following bloggers and ask that they answer the same above questions if they choose to join in:
- Put the award logo/ image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best posts
Thanks again to author and blogger, Pearl R. Meaker, for nominating me! To check out my best posts from last year, click here. Want to participate? Tell me three fun facts about you in the comment section. I’d love to hear!